7 Word picks for 2017!
1. Photobomb(n.) Spoil a photograph of (a person or thing) by unexpectedly appearing in the camera's field of view as the picture is taken, typically as a prank or practical joke.
Admit it, you always wanted to do that photo bomb, and spoil (okay, in real terms get it better) your friends photo. But, what I see makes this word particularly special is the tendency of how this word is becoming a tradition for each and every special occasion. It definitely gets that 'mad you' awakened, and you want to jump and do that petty mischief. Ain't you? (with a sneering face)
2. Arcadian(n.) Idyllically innocent;simple and untroubled by fear or worry
Now, that is what everyone aspires to be (well, yeah you always have exceptions!). With days passing, and these IGCSEs soaring with complexities, I see myself as a drained teenager tomorrow (I mean in the near future, never mind though). However, I do dream to see this innocent version of me, soliciting only fancied satisfaction from life, and nothing more.
3. Yūgen(n.) An awareness of the universe that triggers emotional responses too deep and mysterious for words.
The feeling you get long desired, when you're alone, under the sky, gazing at them as they shift positions and twiddle around, taking you aloof to those thousand evanescent thoughts about how and where this Universe embarked with its journey. Yes! You feel stardust through your body, magic in your eyes, and a pixie dust power in your hands. Now, that is what you call Yūgen !!
4. Trouvaille(n.) Something lovely found by chance.
We've all gone through this moment. Be it, finding that mini chamber of secrets no one knew about, or finding a mini street cafe, a garden, a shortcut street with no one around. Eureka! This kind of random stumbling is often based on luck. (Cheers! I know that ain't fair, but thats life!)
5. Fernweh(n.) Far sickness. An urge to travel even stronger than wanderlust.
This should primarily top the list. I know this is pretty straightforward and doesn't require explanation. Travel <3 Be it Times Square, the Medieval ruins of Sweden, or the alluring Prague, the soul is never contented.
6. Moonglade(n.) The light of the moon as it shines upon the water.
You can imagine this as a silver beam of light that bathes the ocean, beautifying it with the richest pearls. Slivers of illuminance create mesmerising ripples as they appear, disappear and reappear. But, what proves its provenance is the provoked serenity that it infuses into the soft waves, that they are no more mere ripples of water, but moon water.
7. Petrichor(n.) The scent of rain on dry earth
The Earth being at its richest tone, about to be kissed with nicely crafted droplets of water, it sets free the deep smell that amuses one's olfactory senses with shear excitement. We can spot out this fragrance, however we often fail to find out a particular name for such a fragrance, so here we have it: Petrichor.